Umm Qasr Power Plant 29.3 MW
Prime Metro Power Holding (PMPH)
Role of BUTEC
Scope of Work
The Umm Qasr Power Plant (“UQPP”) project consists of the design, procurement, construction, and commissioning of a 29.34MW (Phase 1) gas fired captive power plant located at Umm Qasr Port, Basra Governorate, Republic of Iraq.
The purpose of this plant is the deliver baseload 24/7 power to the Umm Qasr operated by the general company for ports of Iraq (“GCPI”).
Overall turnkey design, procurement, construction, and commissioning of Umm Qasr Power Plant 29.3 MW based on reciprocating gas engines (3 x 20V34SG) in accordance with WARTSILA(FI)’s specifications and Employer’s requirements, including:
- Electrical Building including LV, MV switchgear, control room
- Electro-Mechanical process and balance of plant services, including tanks, steel structures, and concrete structures
- Administrative Building, guardhouse, warehouse, and workshop facilities
- Connection to the Natural Gas 40bars pipeline through Gas Pressure Reducing Station
- Step-up transformer (60MVA – 11/33KV) and transmission lines connecting the plant to the existing GCPI substation