Kizad Zone Aluminum Extrusion Plant
TALEX – Taweelah Aluminium Extrusion Company LLC
Scope of Work
Value engineering, design, procurement & construction of an aluminum plant, associated infrastructure, ancillary buildings, as well as erection of all process equipment. TALEX is an Estidama project – Pearl II rating.|
The scope of work includes process, non-process buildings and site works as follows:
Cast house building, extrusion building, entrance building, delivery gate building, visitor gate building, substation buildings, MV switchgear room, compressor room.
Underground process tank; piezometric tank; landscaping & external areas; fences; R/C works (trenches, thrustblocks, platforms, etc.); mechanical systems and electrical systems.
- Presses annual capacity: 87,600,000 tons of extruded aluminum profiles.
- Total site area: 200,100 m2.
- Total built-up area: 67,194 m2.
- Pre-engineered buildings: 63,382 m2.
- External works
- Road works & pavement: 58,330 m2.
- Green areas: 26,580 m2.
- LPG concrete channels: 2,081 m3.
- Concrete buildings: 28,300 m3.
- Dynamic compaction: 127,170 m2.
- 449 piles of 100 cm diameter (4 600 m3).
- 62 piles of 90 cm diameter (550 m3).
- HVAC system: rooftop packages, DX units and wind driven ventilators.
- Wet systems:
- Fire fighting: 2,500 GPM pumping room, serving hydrants, reels & sprinklers.
- Water: storage and pumping for process, chilled, domestic and irrigation systems.
- Drainage: sewage and storm water piping and pumping.
- Compressed air system: 3,000 m3/h demand, provided by 3 compressors 160 kW each.
- Natural gas system: 300 m3 underground storage, provided with pumping and distribution networks.
- Process water cooling: 4 chillers 1,171 kW each, cooling towers 49 l/s each.
- MV/LV distribution network: 32.33 MW plant including 6 substations with 23 1.5 MVA transformers.
- Building services including lighting, small power, lightning, earthing and ELV systems.